Monday, April 26, 2010

A Dinner at Torisho Taka

It's Monday and yet I had a great day! I met my sister at her workplace after work and well.. millenia walk really did wow me a little. The sculpture there was just very different from the ones I saw in town. Even the elevator was made so differently!


Went down to Gallery Hotel for a fantastic dinner at Torisho Taka by Aoki . The ambience there was great with loads of 'Atas' people enjoying their Sake and food. The food was Oh-My-Heavenly-MAMA delicious. Their best dishes were mainly Grilled food.
Despite that it was a MONDAY, the restaurant was still filled with many people. Thank god that we had our reservation made. See how thoughtful they were with their little message left on the table. I wanted to bring home that thoughtful card. But before I could keep it, it was cleared by their super effective services. 

So here's what we had ordered!! First dish of the day was.. Wagyu Beef. Though they are RAW, they taste absolutely great. Soft and tender. This dish cost $50!! Yes.. F-I-F-T-Y but it is super worth it! *Drools* It was the best BEEF I have tasted till date! This is the best dish I had in MY LIFE!!!


Next on the list was.. HOTATE!!! The Hotate... was seriously.. HOT... to EAT! Ok.. what I meant was.. the hotate flesh was juicy and HUGE! 2 Hotate cost a nice sum of $15! But it is definitely a MUST try. I'm surprised that though the surface of the hotate is cold, the internal parts are very HOT and cook. The sauce that was used to grill with it was damn awesome!

I have tried tons of Ramen before. But nothing beats this bowl of Ramen. The noodle was 'Q' and the soup taste likes it is never enough. I wish the bowl was as big as Waraku so that I can drink more of the chicken broth soup. A pity that I had to share with my sister due to the diet program I am in. Shit!! I HATE TO GO ON A DIET!!


These chicken wings are highly recommended in this very Authentic Japanese Restaurant. It is actually Salted favour. It taste fresh with nice fragrant salted taste. I'm seriously thinking very hard to think of the best word to describe it.. however, I thinked no words can describe this super delicious WINGS!!


Make a guess what this dish is? Yes yes yes.... it's my MUST-ORDER-IN-EVERY-JAP-RESTAURANT... namely.... *drumroll* CHAWAMUSHI! I was taken aback when I first opened the lid of the mini bowl. I had never in my life seen such thicked gravy in Chawamushi b4. I was told that this place serves the best Chawamushi (but my friend also told me that the standard drop a little) in the past. One sipped of the gravy and I was MELTED! The egg was so soft and it complements with the gravy so well that you just feel like having another bowl. 5 Thumbs up!! 

I wanted to order Bacon and Asparagus initially but was told that they only serve ASPARAGUS! I cancelled the order thinking that it will taste horrible with just vegetable itself. However, my friend took the initiative to order for me and viola.. I SLAP MYSELF for my stupidity of rejecting that order. The asparagus that took the aeroplane to singapore.. was so SWEET and juicy! The method they used to grill was so special that you sometimes wonder how long did they take to master it.

Here's a picture of my Naggy sis with her favourite Grilled Ginko Nuts. Have a guess how much these ginko nuts cost! $2? $2.50? Teh....  it cost a lovely... $6!! YES! $1 plus for one Ginko!! Hahaha!!! I'm not really a fan of it.. so I don't like it! My sis who is a fan of it, LOVES it!

And the very last dish before I gave my final LOUD BURP!! CHICKEN WINGS AGAIN!! But this time, we made a special request to grill it with Miso instead. The taste was GODNESS!!
 

I really love the chopstickes holder. Everyone has their unique holder. CUTE!!
Before I leave for bed! Here's a picture of the Japanese boss! Good looking aeh!! Yeap... he was the one who grilled all the wonderful dishes for me!

I had a great Monday! Did u?

No comments:

Post a Comment