Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fright Fest at Singapore Flyer

When I knew that I have won 2 tickets to FrightFest @ Singapore flyer media launch (thanks to Omy.sg), I was as happy as a lark. This is the very first time in my 25 yrs of my life that I am going to meet the Pontianaks and hantu. I brought my boyfriend along with me for this event just in case the event was too scary for me. :)
Tickets cost $25 nett – Includes entry into FrightFest @ Singapore Flyer Rainforest and 1 Special Halloween Brew (non-alcoholic)*

It was a pity that I didnt have time to shop for a halloween outfit or accessories and hence I ransack my wardrobe and manage to pull out a dress and a horn for this event.



The day finally came and I met the boyfriend at Suntec at 7pm. We had a quick dinner and made it at the event at 7.45pm. We were pretty lost at first as it was a pretty long time since we had went to Singapore flyer. The very last time was 2 years ago when we have got 2 tickets to NDP preview and 2 years later... there's a new eatery food junction at the Singapore Flyer!!

We made our way to the Singapore reception counter and was greeted by a few 'scary' people. Oh boy, I can see that these people are really very enthusiastic with the halloween theme. During the registration, I was shock to realise that the organizer for the event was one of my secondary school friend, Fulvia. Even though we were both from different classes, I'm glad that she could still remember my name. :)

The event started not long after we have all settled down. Since this was a media launch, we will be seeing only 60% of the pontianaks on that night. Still, I was feeling really excited and scared at the same time that the haunted jungle is too much for my timid heart. 

The entrance to the haunted jungle..




Camwhore a little while waiting for our turn to enter into the very eerie jungle. Trust me.. hearing the first batch of people shouting isn't really helping me to conquer my fear.

Pieces of Talismans were seen almost everywhere in the jungle.

After 5 mins of waiting, it's finally our turn to enter into the dark jungle. We were greeted by this old lady who was smacking her clogs on the paper man and was cursing at in in Cantonese.

All of us started snapping photos of her until she suddenly stood up and scare us by shouting in Cantonese. I nearly threw my camera into the plants and run. A girl in front of us was so frightened that she took a step back and stepped onto my bf's feet. Ha ha ha!!!

We walked further into the jungle and out of nowhere, a ghost appeared in front of me. She's a rather nice ghost cause when I asked her to take a picture, she stood there for me to proceed. Good ghost!


When my heart was much settled into the environment and was talking to my boyfriend about the decorations which the event organizer had put so much effort in, 'HE' had to BOO me and scare the shit out of me. My boyfriend was laughing out loud when he saw me shouting like a 3 yr old girl. My boyfriend even asked him where was his buddy that night. Guys!!!

See how happy my bf is! After snapping this photo, I realised that the 'ghost' looks rather funny and cute instead of scary. Maybe it is just me who is afraid of 'HIM'. I kept asking my bf to beat him up when the 'ghost' try to catch me. HAHAHAH!

After all the scary moments, here comes something really funny!!

This lady here doesn't really appear to be a ghost to me. She was kneeling down on the floor, crying when we saw her. She stood up when she saw us approaching and told us that she was really sad that her so-and-so passed away. She plead us to look into the coffin and pass us a joss stick. We didn't know what to do and hence we stood there with the joss stick and asked each other 'WHERE TO PUT THIS JOSS STICK'. With nowhere to poke the joss stick, we put it on the floor and walk away. This lady made it so realistic as she kept putting her head down and asking us to look into the coffin. 5 star for her drama-ness!


2nd laughing moments:
This cheeky ghost took a feather duster and tickle my leg when I walk pass him. The jungle was in total darkness and when I felt something poking my leg, I told my bf that there's something on my leg and he was like.. NOTHING LEI (cause the feather duster was only poking at me).. ORH.. THERE'S THE GHOST!

A nice pretty ghost.. YEs.. I was sweating.

Here's some pictures of the deco.

 

The fright fest was really frightening and I'm calling out to all daring friends out there who wants a taste of a fearful experience to PLEASE KINDLY MAKE A PURCHASE TO THE FRIGHT FEST Singapore flyer.  
After a good frightful time at the frightful fest, it's finally.. the SINGAPORE FLYER TIME!
The bf and me at the Journey of dreams

                                     
I didn't know Singapore looks so nice till I'm on top of the flyer. 

The complementary Halloween brew which taste really nice! I really wonder what was in that drink.


That sort of sum up my whole experience in the Fright Fest Media event which I was invited by Omy.com.sg. Thank You OMY!! I'm gonna show you some pictures to end of this gruesome post.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!

The maid who had commited suicide.

The family who was burnt to death

GHOST BUSTERS!

And a little souvenairs for the event from Singapore Flyer


:)

3 comments:

  1. you can actually download the photo souvenir from flyer.
    www.pictureair.com
    enter the photo code.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ahsia,

    Yes, I'll do it! Thanks! Happy Halloween!

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey babe!

    Thanks for swinging by and I hope you had fun!

    Take care and stay in touch :)

    ReplyDelete