Monday, November 1, 2010

An eventful week again

I really love it when I know there's something to look forward to for the week. Everyone knew that yours truely had gone for a short Taiwan trip.

Pardon me a little as I really adore how my face reflects over here like an eggshell! Seriously, the BB CREAM from Nature Republic really does wonders!

that's me once again with my flight to Taipei! I'm really glad that we chose SQ for that 4 hrs flight!

The flight was great especially with in-flight entertainment of SATC, GLEE and Gossip girls! However, I was pretty unlucky to meet up with a baby who left a stench of puking and his pregnent mummy who fainted upon landing. It was quite dramatic when the airline crew had to call upon doctors on board. It was indeed quite scary when the baby was crying loudly with many passengers shouting for EMERGENCY!

After half an hour of routing, we manage to reach the airport safe and sound. We were kinda con by the temperature stated as it was awesomely sunny and hot for the whole of 4 days. Well, at least the typhoon had move to china! Hehe!

It took us another hour to reach the city! Ping lang mei is almost everywhere on the street!

the first thing that caught my attention was the automatic toilet bowl in the hotel room. It's just so cool! It emits unwanted smell after your business INSTANTLY! Why doesnt Singapore hotels have such toilet bowls when we are paying thrice the amount?

Went to look for our dinner at Shi Lin after checking in. Seriously, I'm not quite a Taiwan Food lover! I don't really like how each food tasted in my mouth!

Imagine seeing this everywhere along the street with the infamous CHOU TOFU!

The food tasted cold and salty almost all the time! The chicken cutlet in singapore tasted much better than Taiwan! ONE thing that Singapore might be lacking is.. THE BUBBLE TEA! Sigh... the bubble tea is really one thing NOT TO BE MISSED! Especially those without MILK in it! It's like heaven!!

Really regretted when I saw..


and ordered without any hesistation. I mistook the veg as asparagus and after a huge bite, I puke the whole thing right into the plastic bag! As for the corn, it wasnt SWEET CORN to my dissappointment! It was some LAO HONG corn! Seriously, who will like LAO HONG corn? Bleah!

Orh Ak Jian which tasted more like starchy egg! Singapore is 10 times better! A big sigh!

Queer Food : Pig's blood with peanuts!

We went to Jiu fen and had to take a public bus! It was a great experience having to take the public transport. It just felt so old school!

The fashion in Taiwan wasnt really to my likings too! Probably its the season as it is approaching winter! Things sold there are mostly florals and laces( something like Vivi)! F.Y.I it is not as cheap as what you think! My clothes cost mostly around $20 plus and my sis even bought a winter jacket at S$200 at Wu fen pu! Probably it is the crowd that I was with that didnt make me enjoy the trip as much as I wanted to? But my aunties and parents never failed to make me laugh like mad too! It's a great family trip I would say but as for the shopping wise.. Not really that fantastic! I still prefer Hong kong over Taipei!

Gtg now and will soon blog more on the St Regis stay! Stay tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment