Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bangkok day 1

The journey to the airport was a little different from the previous trip as I'm in the cab together with parents. I was so excited yet I can't scream 'EXCITEMENT' out! I was a little worried too that I might portray a bad image in front of his parents during the trip.

We checked in our luggage within moments upon reaching. There wasn't much to walk about in the airport at 6 plus in the morning even though the shops were open. There's victoria secrets, fragrance shops and alcohol shops.. but I just didnt want to scare the parents so early! So.. I tried to endure and make a fast glance as fast as I could.

A random shot of me with the open stores! I just love Changi Airport so much!
The parents wanted to have a quick bite before flying off via Thai Airlines. That's his dad queuing up for our breakfast.

I finally get to try the eggs and bread from Killiney Kopi Tiam! I don't know if it is because the outlet is situated at a fast moving environment that they have cold breads and eggs. :(

We finally made a long way to our gate! It's way way BEHIND!

YEA!! THAT'S MY FLIGHT! SAY HI!

I've ordered the seafood bee hoon! *yummy* the prawns are so fresh that I thought they were just caught from the sea!
Dear's fish rice? I simply love how my canon 130 captures all the wonderful pictures!

Two hours later, our flight finally arrived at BKK! His father was surprised with how Bangkok Airport looks like while I felt monotone but excited about the shopping spree more! We took a cab down to our hotel. Thank god that the taxi drivers was nice to charge us NORMALLY! I seriously hate some taxi-drivers at Bkk when they just kept mum when we first asked if it is METER as if we spoke some foreign language.. and then drive us for a distance(without turning on the meter), only to speak a fluent english after a km out in the middle of the road that they want more MONEY! I'm so going to learn Thai languages VERY SOON so that I won't be cheated!

Anyway, here are some pictures of my wonderful hotel room that I had booked for 2 vacations.

The kitchen

The toilet

The big bed that I love cuddling in! I manage to 'steal' a pillow back from Thai Airlines! Hehe!

The dressing table

Make a guess on how much can such lovely hotel cost PER NIGHT! $130? $120? WRONG! Its only....


$78 per night NETT

if you book a package through ZUJI.com! It cost around $100 plus for a night if you were to book directly through the hotel site. $78 consist of breakfast and free flow of coffee at the lounge till 11pm! Besides that, Platinum mall is just a stone throw away from our hotel!
                                     

This photo is taken from our hotel room. Saw that building behind the yellow building on the right? THAT'S PLATINUM MALL! So all I have to do is to cross the bridge and viola - I've reached the shopping heaven!

We started our first day with 2 levels at platinum mall. It was a little embarrassing when his parents followed me throughout my bargaining and nonsense moments but his mum just LOVES tagging along with me. She even gives me advices on the clothes I chose! I buy like as if the whole building is giving free clothings! I'm like a MACHINE! We went over to MBK to get his parents stuffs in the afternoon and not forgetting NARAYA! *screams* His dad couldnt stop taking photos of the burnt central world. I felt a little sad that the Big Naraya store is closed for the badly burnt mall. Only Isetan is opened among all the shopping stores in Central mall. We had our dinner at MBK due to the heavy rain and walked around the other shopping centres.


This ramen restaurant seems popular and they are so cheap! It is like AJISEN RAMEN but much better and cheaper! A set cost only $4 plus?

We ended the night at 11 plus as the parents were too tired after a long day. Headed down to 7-11 to get some cheap alcohols as well as my cheese sausages! Had a good bath at the bath tub and I slept so soundly at 1am! No words can describe a life like this.  How I wish.. life could be that RELAXING in Singapore as well!

I have learned some thai language while I'm there!

Zoom - 0
Neng - 1
Song - 2
Sum - 3
See - 4
Har - 5
Hok - 6
Chek - 7
Pak - 8
Gao -9
Sip - 10

Its pretty easy if you know the numbers from 1 to 10 cause to pronounce 250 would be

SONG(2) ROI(hundred) HAR(5)SIP(10)

if it is 280.. it would be..

SONG ROI PAK SIP

if it is 29.. it would be
yee sip gao!

SIMPLE? Haha! Practice them and you will love how the tune of it sounds!

That's all for day 1! 3 more days of recommendation! Stay tuned!

Signing off with a picture of his parents!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment