Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bangkok Day 2

I'm very sorry for the late update. So what's with day 2 of my Thailand trip?  It started with a good breakfast at the hotel. I simply love how they prepare their eggs. Its so addictive that I totally forgotten about CHOLESTROLS! It is a must for me to order a sunny side up and an omelette else that would make me a very grumpy Felicia!

We continued with our shopping spree at Platinum cause seriously.. the 5 levels is not a JOKE! I would recommend you to get their map from level 1 with you so that you can circle those shops that sells lovely clothes so that you can hop back to the shop if you want something more.

We walk to another shopping centre to have our lunch. We couldnt decide what to have for lunch since we will be having something good for dinner. We ended up at MACDONALD! Their mac seems 10 times more posh than Singapore. Anyway, saw that thing on my head? That head band cost less than 5 bucks at Bkk! I bought 4 head bands to glam up myself in the hot country.

We went to other places such as the Levis factory outlet and Jim Thomson factory outlet but well.. it is not really worth going for. Nothing cheap there. We took a train to Chinatown for dinner and finally... after 3 trips to BKK... we get to eat....


SCALA RESTAURANT

Here are the dishes that we had ordered!





Seems nice aeh? Yea! It definitely taste great! But I doubt I will head back there again! The prices are abit steep and nothing so fantastic to go crazy about to?

I was nearly scalded while on my way to the restaurant by those road side vendors. Some idiot threw hot oil right on the floor just 5 cm away from me! Thank god.. that I JUMP on time and gave him a big stare.

We went to Suan Lum after that and was HELLUVA dissappointed! I guess Suan Lum shops have started closing down. A handful of them opens in the night only and it was on FRIDAY! It was like so dead compared to the last 2 visit that I went. I bought a thai boxing pants from Suan Lum market only! :( I couldnt find the manicurist that did wonderful cheap nails anymore!

After a long day out, we finally head back to our hotel to have a quick shower b4 going for our body massage just a stone throw from our hotel. It cost only $10 for 1 hr! We were brought into the VIP room and 4 of us just KNOCK OUT while they were cracking our bones! There's only one word to describe the whole hr... SHIOK!!

Overall, I think that bangkok shopping spree only happens in NARAYA and Platinum mall! You can try heading to Siam Square too.. but.. things there isnt that cheap either. Please also bear in mind that Platinum mall and other wholesale mall closes at 8pm sharp. There's nothing really much to do after 8pm  other than a good massage, groceries shopping at siam paragon, having a good meal at posh restaurants like Banyan Tree or drinking their $4 Heineken in the comfort of your hotel room. Don't dont don't go to Patpong for couples.. cause those pubs hostress will never let you off! They follow you everywhere you go saying 'GOOD GOOD ChEAP CHEAP THAI GIRL SHOW'! Don't ever go into such pubs cause you wont know if you can come out alive! 


Here's a nice night view for your pleasant night!



No comments:

Post a Comment