Saturday, May 15, 2010

All About Food!

Last Saturday

After a good hair spa session on Saturday, Bf and I actually went down town to have a good shopping therapy. We got really hungry after hours in the salon and to avoid the crowd for mother's day, we had a very early dinner. We do not have much of a choices as most of the restaurants are either long queue or fully booked. We chose AOBA Ramen after seeing that the queue isn't as bad as the rest.

It was our first time at Aoba. The prices are reasonable and the ambience has a very nice authentic Jap restaurant feel. We had a complementary drink because of MOTHER's DAY (even when our mum wasn't with us)!

We had

1. Gyoza

I am not really a fan of Gyoza! The veg in those dumpings kinda turn me off. I had a try on one of the gyoza and it's not as bad as I thought it would be(though the veg smell is still quite strong). The sauce that comes with it complements well with the Gyoza.

2. Pork Ramen (of different sauces)




One thing that makes me a Ramen fanatic is their SOUP BASE and their EGG! We had 2 different type of Ramens for their different soup base. One had a more saulty taste but I LOVE THEM! The seaweed taste good too!

I had a great time at Aoba even though it was quite a rushing dinner as we had alot of shopping to do on that day. STILL, the food was acceptible for a hungry tummy!!

This Week

We had always wanted to try TGIF since a year back. But the queue always draw us back into having our first experience. Yesterday, while I was at Heeren to pass some stuff to the outlets and also to coach them about the changes and stuff, I realised that my tummy was GROWLING as if I had nothing for lunch (REALLY HATE THAT FEELING)! I told bf about it and that's when we realised, TGIF was still quite EMPTY! -It was only 6.30pm then-


We were given a seat at the outdoor area which kinda pissed us off cause there were actually seats at the air-conditioned area just that those seats accomodates 4 people instead of 2. The crowd wasn't really that bad I swear!!

We made our orders and waited for more than 30 mins for it to arrive. I was feeling a little disappointed with the services cause


  1. I wasn't given a Air-conditioned place

  2. The waitress kept ensuring me that the place was COOLING but I think I will know if it is really COOLING!

  3. They didn't inform me about the seats in the air-conditioned area. -_-!!!

  4. The food takes quite long to arrive
The food were quite pricey in my opinion. $19.90 for a Fish n chip and $24 for a Jack Daniel Chicken but after the food came, it kinda cheer me up a LITTLE MORE!!

1. My Fish & Chip

The serving was rather big. I love the soft flesh of the fried fish. It taste like Popeyes Fried fishes but 7 times better! The tar tar sauce wasn't that fantastic as I thought it would be. It is too sour for my taste buds. The fries was hand-made by them and it taste not just like any other french fries we had in other restaurants.

2. JACK DANIEL's Chicken


This is GOOD stuff!! I totally LOVE this dish so much that I had every single thing CLEARED before I left the table. Lets start with the broccoli! OMG!

The broccoli was HUGE and I simply love the scrunchy feel in every bite I had. I felt a quarter full when I ate up 4 stalks of broccoli.

The mash potato was still acceptible but my bf had finished up the whole thing before I have more tries of it.

The chicken breast was HEAVEN!! The sauce was.... GODDNESS! I love how the sauce adds favour into the chicken. It is sweet yet not too sweet! JUST NICE! It was so delicious that I pour it on my fish as well.

Overall, the food taste great but not the services that I had received. Totaly damaged of $51 for a hot and humid weather doesnt really make me happy girl but I do think that if they had me seated in an air-conditioned area with a plate of Jack Daniel's chicken, THEN THAT WOULD MAKE ME THE HAPPIEST GIRL ON EARTH!!

Hope this post served you well! Enjoy your weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment